8/25/10

Completely: Thoroughly; Entirely

As you know I have been incredibly busy pursuing a new (and for me, odd) new profession which so far, has paid off. Health care is completely different from anything I have done before. This occupation presents demanding new knowledge which is completely foreign to me. I recognized my complete need for the Lord’s help in getting through this first step (and subsequent steps) in my career change. I dedicated this new endeavor to Him completely as my ministry. And now finally the simple truth I have learned in taking this step: I can trust God completely to see me through the next few years of training and starting over.

I have no choice but to trust in Him completely. I don’t consider myself smart in science. I can’t imagine myself actually sticking needles into another human being – on purpose. And until a few months ago, I would never have even considered a profession where cleaning human feces was in the job description. But here I am. I am at the end of myself in so many ways. But I am learning His power is manifested in my weakness so that every victory I have is His not mine.

I knew God was working in my career change when I showed up the first day to take a basic English assessment and half the class was my age. I ended up working with some amazing ladies who turned out to be good friends. I can honestly say I am the better for having met these ladies and that is a rare thing these days.

There is one thing that continues to be my personal Kryptonite: people who do not perform their jobs to the best of their ability which prevents me from doing mine. I am still waiting on the State of California to process my CNA certificate because they have not received my application (filled out months ago in class) or my state exam scores (passed with flying colors July 16th.) Apparently the guy our instructor uses to process all this has not done his job. So, while I wait I work as a non-medical “aide” to the elderly in their homes. God brought me this job just over one month after finishing clinical. I had my first client today. The job took one hour longer than planned (I drove him to a post operative doctor appointment) but we stayed safe and I knew he was grateful I was there to help him understand all the information. I drove home in 100 degree heat starving to death having missed lunch. I saw myself in the rear view mirror smiling despite my discomfort. That is what a ministry is all about.

P.S. What do you think of my new blog design? Drop me an email and let me know.