3/26/09

Hodge Podge and BO

From now on Barack Obama will be referred to by his initials, BO. (It had to be done.) I could not bring myself to watch BO’s press conference the other night. I just couldn’t bear to have the man lie to me again about, well, everything. Also, did you notice how the color of the background, the color of his suit and the pallor of his skin all blended together? Maybe it was just my TV but it seemed positively chartreuse. Hmm. “Positively Chartreuse,” sounds like the name of a sixties band.

I would find it helpful if the administration put out a list of words BO will be using in his press conferences, and their translations. As I’ve said before, BO has carefully crafted his semantics of politics to a fine art. The words he uses don’t mean the same thing as what I think they mean. Maybe they could come up with the “Elitist Liberal Dripping with Arrogance” dictionary to define words like: change; stimulus; tax credit; terrorist; war on terror; terrorism; earmark; and investment. I’m thinking about making my own “Clinging to Guns and Religion” dictionary to define words like: liberty; freedom; U.S. Constitution; hope; and free enterprise. (I feel like I should be using these words a lot before they are banned like “terrorist attack” was). Do you think people who would use the “Elitist Liberal Dripping with Arrogance” dictionary know the meaning of diplomacy, humility, or even grown up?

The other reason I couldn’t watch the BO and pony show the other night was I could see BO’s eyes move as he read from the teleprompter. He’s taken a lot of heat recently for having to read from the thing every time he opens his mouth. So they replaced the two thin-screen prompters with one giant screen located directly under the central camera. It was painful. A thought occurred to me last night about this teleprompter thing. Would it kill the guy to memorize a few lines and talk to us? Is he so disdainful of the American people we are not worth his time and effort?

One side note – did you know BO’s teleprompter has its own blog? The thing has taken on a life of its own. It even has a name, TOTUS, which is Teleprompter Of The United States. The blog is well written and very timely. Here’s the link if you are interested: http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/

So, what did I do instead of watch the press conference? I watched my dogs play in the yard. Also, there was a bee collecting pollen from the purple daisies on my patio. Fascinating.